Frequently asked questions
1. What should I wear on the tour?
We recommend you to wear comfortable cotton clothing with a hat or a cap to keep the sun off your head. For footwear, we advise to wear closed shoes or sandals for a better grip/control.
2. What do I need to bring on the tour?
Try to limit your luggage to necessities only. Sun protection lotion, if you have a sensitive skin. Bring your video or photo camera. Don’t forget to check the batteries or bring spares! If you have a belt-bag that holds these things, and you would like to bring along, that’s ideal.
3. Isn’t it too hot to ride a bicycle in Thailand?
When you join one of our bicycle tours you will find out that cycling in the tropics is a surprisingly refreshing adventure. Cycling, opposed to walking, always creates a breeze that cools you down. The fact most of our tours are on flat terrain and we cycle at a relaxing pace, ensures your body and mind will be worry free. This, together with plenty of refreshing drinks and stops along the way ensures you can enjoy all the unseen and off the beaten track sights we bring and show you.
4. If it is raining, will the trip still operate?
Weather conditions are unpredictable and rain can occur at any time, especially during the raining season. Rain, in Bangkok, is also a very localized event. It can rain at your hotel while being dry at our office only one KM away. We never cancel a tour due to rain. In our vast experience doing bicycle-tours, we know that heavy rains rarely last more than 20 minutes and our guides know places along our routes to shelter. If it’s raining a little, we provide our clients a poncho and cycle on. Moreover, a rain shower can offer you a refreshing break from the tropical heat. Don’t let rain spoil your itinerary!
5. What does your trip-price include?
All our trips are all-inclusive, and we will give you what we promised without any surcharges and or hidden costs. In particular the following services are included in our trips:
- Soft-drinks or drinking water during the breaks
- Boat & ferry transfers
- Breakfast, lunch and/or dinner
- Hotel if applicable (based on twin-share)
- Bicycle rental
- Ponchos in case of rain
- Professional English speaking and licensed tour/cycling guide
- Safety helmet rental
- Canal tour by long-tail boat if applicable
- Pannier rental (on multiple day-tours only)
- Free photos or GoPro video* (Bangkok & Ayutthaya)
- Free WiFi at our Bangkok & Chiang Mai offices
- But above all lots of fun and an unforgettable experience.
6. Can everybody participate in your trips?
We only develop and operate tours for people who can balance and ride a bicycle. If you are not able to ride a bicycle, don’t join. Although our tours are very relaxed some parts go through narrow alleys that require some steering skills. Besides cycling, no special skills are required. If you have a condition that requires special attention, please inform us in advance so that we can advise what is best for you.
7. Are children allowed to join the bicycle tours?
Yes, children of 12 years and older can join our bicycle adventures.
Families with children younger than 12 years we always handle as private tour. This way we can focus on the youngest participants and change the routing a little if needed or make an extra stop. This is the best way for both, parents and kids, to enjoy our rides. A private tour is, depending on how many participants in total, maybe a little bit more expensive but it is soooo much more convenient for your child. You can read many reviews of our tour on internet from parents that have done one of our tours.
8. Which languages do the guides speak?
All our guides are local English speaking guides.
9. How do we get to your office/meeting point?
Our offices are easy to find using the maps we provide you on this website or Google-maps. The strategically chosen office-locations are in most cases not more than 5-8 KM away from your hotel and for THB 50-150 you can find a taxi driver that will bring you to us.
More convenient are arranged transfers. We can, if requested, arrange round-trip transfers for you. Additional charges apply.
10. How far in advance should we book a tour?
We always try to accommodate every customer, even when you walk in last minute. But do bear in mind that in order to maintain our high levels of quality and safety, we encourage you to plan and reserve your places in advance. Making a reservation is easy, just fill out the contact-form and you will receive a reply within 24 hours.
11. Can we contact you and check availability when we are in Thailand?
Of course you can check availability when you’re in Thailand. Please print out the map(s) with our contact details and call us when you are in Thailand. We are looking forward to have you on our tour.
12. We are staying in Bangkok and want to book a bicycle tour in Ayutthaya. How do we get from Bangkok to Ayutthaya?
We can arrange roundtrip transfers from your hotel in Bangkok to our office in Ayutthaya (with air-conditioned car/minivan). Transfer rates are on request.
Or you can take a train to Ayutthaya from Bangkok’s Hualamphong Station. The journey by train takes approx. 90 minutes (if no delay). If you book a morning tour in Ayutthaya, we recommend you to take the train which departs from Bangkok at 7 AM.
13. What is your cancellation policy?
We hope that everyone who made a reservation on one of our tours will be able to participate. However, we understand that you may have to change your plan due to unavoidable reasons. In that case, we will gladly reschedule you to another date, but please inform us in advance. If you unfortunately have to cancel the tour, our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellation until 48 hours before start of the tour: full refund
- Cancellation 48-24 hours before start of the tour: 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellation within 24 hours before start of the tour or no-show: no refund
Please follow this link to read all our terms & conditions
At Thailand Biking, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit this website, www.thailandbiking.com, how we use it, and how we keep it secure. Read more……..